DescriptionVideo: last year’s Harbour Cruise (when we welcomed our 10,000th member).
On February 18, 2017, we will celebrate that our Facebook Group “Svenskar i Sydney” (“Swedes In Sydney”) has reached 12,000 members!
The Facebook group was started by a team of volunteers helping out at the Swedish Church in Sydney, to create an online forum to help Swedes “down under” more easily meet new friends. This site Swedes In Australia grew out of the success of that Facebook group, and is now Sweden’s largest website serving Swedish-Australians and their friends.
On Saturday the 18 February 2017 12:30pm, we are organising a Sightseeing Cruise and Harbour Party for all our members and their friends in the community. The cruise will run for around 4 hours, and everyone is welcome to join us for a few drinks afterwards at one of the bars in Sydney’s Darling Harbour.
Tell Me More!
- Ticket Price: $39 per guest.
- Member Discount: $5 discount for Swedes In Australia Plus and Premium members.
- Number of Tickets: With only 100 tickets on the boat for 12,000 members, you will want to book early to not lose out!
- Can I bring a friend? Ja! Yes! Both Swedes and their Aussie friends are more than welcome to join.
- 4 hour cruise around sunny Sydney Harbour – bring a hat!
- Boat with 2 levels, plenty of opportunities to party, mingle, relax with your mates, meet your online friends in real life, and to enjoy the world’s most scenic harbour.
- Bar (beers, wine, sparkling).
We are still locking in the final arrangements, but here is an outline of that Saturday afternoon. Detailed timings, and full details of the event, will be confirmed by end of January 2017.
Saturday 18 February 2017
- 12:10am (12:10): Gather at Casino Wharf for ticket check.
- 12:20pm (12:20): All aboard.
- 12:30pm (12:30): The boat departs. We will not wait for late arrivals.
- 4:15pm (16:15): The on-board bar closes.
- 4:30pm (16:30): Arrival back at Casino Wharf.
- 4:30pm (16:30): Relaxed afternoon at the bars in Darling Harbour until late.
- No drugs on the boat.
- Stay classy and friendly.
- Bring ID which shows that you are 18+.
- Bring a copy of your ticket as a printout, or have it ready on your phone.
- Please be there with time to spare, we will not wait for late arrivals.
The boat departs and lands at Casino Wharf, Darling Harbour, Sydney, NSW 2000.
The wharf is a short walk from Pyrmont Bay Park and the Star Casino. (Here it is on Google Maps).