Swedes In Australia is an enterprise with both social and commercial objectives. We run a commercial business, but we do this to generate enough revenue so that we can support projects and causes in the Swedish-Australian community, for instance through donations to various causes or by providing services to the community pro-bono.
This page outlines the different sponsorship options for the site and our network, along with suggested next steps should you want to market your company or organisation to the Swedish-Australian community via one or more channels that we manage.
About our audience
Our readers are smart (and with a big travel budget, some of them have no respect for money) so why don’t you reach out to them directly?
The average visitor to this site is a 24-year old Swedish woman, who is planning an upcoming long trip to Australia (starting with Sydney) as a working holiday maker. Our readership is particularly interested in Australian travel related topics such as:
- Travel, Hotels, Hostels & Accommodation Options
- Employment Opportunities as Working Holiday Makers
- Financial Services (Migrant Banking, Tax Advice)
- Travel, Air Travel, Tickets
- Visa Services (Migration Consultants)
- Tourism and Tour Packages
On average, the site gets around 500-1000 unique visitors per day and we have around 5,000 unique individual visitors per week. (We are happy to share more detailed visitor stats with you should you be interested in an advertiser package.) The communities we manage have more than 10 000 members, and our newsletters and Instagram feeds sport 1000+ subscribers and followers. We are regularly featured and interviewed in Swedish media on the topic of travels to Australia, and the established authority in our niche helping Swedes travelling to Australia.
Our advertising inventory
To market your product or service via us, you have a choice of multiple channels and placements (with more information below).
- Become a Membership Partner. If you offer a service of great value to our members, and willing to offer our thousands of members a group discount of 15% or more, then we would love to include your offering in one or more of our membership packages free of charge.
- Become an Advertiser. If your offer is relevant to our audience, you can buy access to advertisements and self-promotional posts on our site and our different community channels. These include:
- Ads on article and content pages here on SwedesInAustralia.com.
- Ads on discussion forum pages here on SwedesInAustralia.com.
- Promotion / marketing posts in our discussion forums here on SwedesInAustralia.com.
- Promotion / marketing posts in our Facebook groups.
- Ads in our e-mail newsletter
- Sponsored posts in our Instagram feed.
Becoming a Membership Partner
Our membership packages give our members access to discounted deals and unbeatable offers from partner companies in the travel and experience sectors. If you want to market your product to the Swedish crowd, we are looking for partnerships with established brands and operators who are willing to offer a group discount of 20% and up to our thousands of members.
Becoming a partner is free, but there is a selection process to ensure we only partner with companies that we believe share our values. Although we do not want anything in return from you, we do insist that the discount you offer our members should represent a significant saving to them (in the order of 15% or more).
Becoming an Advertiser
We only work with friendly advertisers that truly provide value to our readers and can help our readers have an awesome time in Australia. If you are interested, you will soon find our display positions, formats, and prices on this page. We are currently in the process of creating a standardised ad inventory, setting up our own ad server, and agreeing price points with our channel partners. We expect to be able to accept external sponsorships and advertisements on our site and in our community groups come January 2017.